Joan Birbe, MD, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, he graduated in 1991 obtaining The extraordinary Prize in his Degree studies (Bachelor of Medicine).
He started to practice the speciality first place in Barcelona, and posteriorly in United States, where he graduated again and obtained one of most important recognitions that can be achieved in the medical field, being qualified by American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Subsequently he worked in international institutions such as University of Maryland, University of Iowa and University of Stanford, besides he was demanded in Holland, Suisse and other countries of European Community.
When he came back to Barcelona, he worked at Clinic Dexeus until he opened his own centre in 2005, Clinic Birbe, where he together with the other colleagues specialists in their medical fields, can achieve to provide assistance to all types of medical cases, from the most difficult cases of Dental Implantology and Maxillofacial and Orthognathic Surgery, cases of facial aesthetics to the basic dental maintenance.
Since then Dr. Birbe has pursued excellence in quality of treatment and in patient’s management, and has treated successfully more than 3000 persons that had some aesthetic or functional facial problem.
See patient testimonials
Currently Dr. Birbe is the President of the Catalan-Balear Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery Society and participates remarkably in the most important events in his field.
- Extraordinary Prize of Bachelor of Medicine 1991.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery b y University of Barcelona 1994
- Doctor of Philosophy in Medicine and Surgery by Autonomous University of Barcelona “Cum Laude” 1997.
Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MIR) 1996
- The only Maxillofacial Surgeon qualified by American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2001.
- He continued his postgraduate education in USA at University of Iowa, University of Maryland in Baltimore, and Mount Sinai Medical Centre in Miami.
- He is an active member of numerous national and international scientific societies. He has been lecturer of different Spanish universities on implantology and surgery.